Bohol Native Products: Bohol Weavers and Crafts
The Department of Trade and Industry says the keyword is innovation.
And in its recently formalized their collaboration with the European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines’ (EECP) Materials Research and Development Program, a Business Accelerator and Materials Innovation (BAMI) program is now being studied with the raffia weavers of Bohol, particularly in Inabanga and Tubigon.
The Program, which kicked off last January is conceptualized by Materials R&D Project Manager Ingrid Haufe and assisted by freelance designer Doro Barandino, has the key personalities immersed in weaving communities to try on new design patterns and media on locally made crafts, a DTI Bohol source revealed.
“They are currently assisting the raffia weavers in coming up with new design patterns and mixed media applications based on the newest trends,” the source who wishes to remain unnamed said.
By mixed media applications, the weavers are experimenting recycled materials such as newspapers and old plastic twine mixed together with raffia, she shared with the characteristic excitement of a scientist discovering a new product for the market
Other indigenous materials like buri and abaca are also being experimented, she added.
From these hand-wovens, select exporter companies convert them into actual products, and these companies who will have exclusivity on their chosen materials for at least a year.
Other areas of experimentation include the pattern development, and the most recent patterns developed are set for display at the Materials Library at the Cebu Furniture Industries Foundation (CFIF) building.
The first material output will be showcased in Bohol’s raw materials fair in July, while the first products by the companies will be presented in Bijoux Cebu in September and Manila FAME in October. (PIA-Bohol)
Incoming search terms:
- bohol products
- crafts in bohol
- bohol crafts
- product in bohol
- bohol handicrafts
- native products in the philippines
- native products bohol
- bohol native crafts
- bohol¨s products
- products bohol
- handicrafts in bohol
- native bohol crafts
- native products of cebu
- Tubigon Weavers
- products from bohol
- bohol weavers
- weaving pattern from bohol
- bohol indigenous material
- native handicrafts in bohol
- what is the product of bohol
- native handicraft in bohol
- native product of bohol
- native producs of cebu bohol
- philippines native products business trends
- philippines native products
- philippine native handicrafts
- native products in cebu
- philippine indigenouse weaved products
- native raw materials in the philippines
- native products of weaving
- native products from bohol
- native products of bohol philippines
- native products from philippines
- pnps akoy isang pulis poem
- press release pia bohol
- products of ]bohol
- weavers of indegenous native products in cebu philippine
- weaving product in bohol
- what are bohol products?
- www cebufurniture com
- what are the bohol crafts
- what are the crafts in bohol
- what is SONA research
- where can i find native bambboo products in cebu
- bohol native product
- the weaved product of bohol
- products of bohol raffia blouse
- products of weaving in the philippnes
- what are the crafts or products in bohol
- raffia weavers in bohol