President Noynoy Aquino Assures New Bohol International Airport
President Benigno S. Aquino III has directed various concerned national government agencies to revisit the proposed contract for the construction of the New Bohol Airport as he assured locals here that it will be of service soon considering the growing tourism industry of the province.
During the project briefing on the new P8.4 billion airport to be erected in Panglao town, the Chief Executive said that the project tops the agenda of his first visit here since he assumed the Presidency in June last year.
The Chief Executive said that the government has allocated funds needed for the new infrastructure project.
“The first meeting we had with Governor Edgar Chatto had to deal with the airport, there is an outlay of one billion in the current General Appropriations Act and another P1.2 billion in the 2012 General Appropriations Act… so that’s P2.2 billion of a projected P8.4 billion fund necessary for the creation of the Panglao airport,” the President said.
“There are already concerns or issues raised with the location, sub-soil etc., our instructions are to examine both…we want to have the airport servicing your community at the soonest possible time,” he said.
President Aquino said that the government wants to make sure that the new airport will provide better service to a greater number of travelers in the area.
Tourism Secretary Albert Lim, who was also present during the briefing, said that there is an expected 50 per cent increase of tourist influx in the region. He added that last year, a total of 334 thousand tourists visited the Central Visayas region.
The New Bohol Airport will feature better communication and navigational facilities that will make it capable for night waiting operation.
Incoming search terms:
- new bohol airport
- panglao international airport latest news
- new bohol international airport
- new bohol airport development
- panglao international airport latest update 2012
- new bohol airport latest news
- Nonoy Aquino Bohol
- new bohol airport updates
- panglao airport update
- gaa 2012
- new bohol internationalairport new update
- panglao international airport latest update
- new bohol airport 2012
- pres noynoy aquinos project
- panglao airport job hiring 2012
- bohol international airport update 2013
- recent projects of noynoy 2012
- noynoy in Bohol
- bohol airport
- panglao airport 2013
- new bohol airport news
- panglao airport latest news 2012
- panglao airport news
- panglao airport news update
- panglao airport update news
- panglao airport update news 2012
- panglao bohol air port latest news 2012
- philippine president benigno noynoy s aquino iii sona summary
- Secretary Albert Lim
- reactions comments on President Noynoys governance
- President noynoy aquino visits in Bohol
- president noynoy aquino tourism project
- president noynoy aquino international
- president nonoy aquino projects
- tourism during noy noy aquino
- Pres Aquino for Panglao Intl Airport
- pnoy airport bohol
- photos noynoy aquino general approrpiations act
- panglao projected tourism
- panglao international 2012
- panglao bohol airport latest news 2013
- speech of noynoy aquino in LCCM 2012
- on bohol international airport 2012 update
- construction new bohol airport 2012
- comment of pnoy wants bohol to get new airport
- bohol international airport update?
- bohol international airport nonoy
- bohol international airport news update 3/2013
- bohol international airport
- bohol internatiol airport career