Salary Increase for Philippine Government Employees
This was disclosed yesterday by Budget and Management Secretary Joaquin C. Lagonera who said that President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo has just signed Executive Order No. 900, giving the go-signal to implement the second tranche of the modified salary schedule under Senate and House of Representatives Joint Resolution No. 4, s. 2009 commonly known as Salary Standardization Law (SSL) III, effective June 24, 2010.
The Joint Resolution provides that the modified salary schedule under SSL III shall be implemented in four equal yearly tranches, but in no case beyond four years. The first tranche of the salary increase for National Government Agencies (NGAs), Government Owned or Controlled Corporations (GOCCs), and Government Financial Institutions (GFIs) was implemented effective July 1, 2009.
“Some P23.9 billion is allocated under the Miscellaneous Personnel Benefits Fund in the FY 2010 General Appropriations Act to cover the implementation of the 2nd tranche of the modified salary schedule for employees of national government agencies and the base pay schedule for military and uniformed personnel,” Lagonera said.
The budget chief also assured government workers that the corresponding cash requirement for their salary increase will be released as part of the cash program for the second half of the year.
“In accordance with existing fund release procedures, the funding requirement for this second phase of salary increase of government workers will be included in the July-December cash program,” Lagonera said.
The SSL III, approved in June 2009, is a four-year plan to rationalize public sector pay through adjustments in the 33-grade government pay scale. While all employees will benefit from the pay raise, higher rates of increase are given to certain professionals like teachers, nurses, doctors, lawyers and accountants who would enjoy some 54% to 77% increase in their salaries with the full implementation of the law. Aside from increasing salaries, these positions were upgraded in recognition of their importance in society in the case of teachers and medical personnel, and their market demand in case of lawyers and accountants.
According to Lagonera, “the second tranche of the monthly salary schedule would provide a 10.2% monthly increase in the current salaries of incumbents of positions of Teacher I, SG-11, who comprise the bulk of civilian personnel in NGAs, from P14,198 in July 2009 to P15,649 under the second tranche implementation this year.”
He also said that a soldier with the rank of Private in the Department of National Defense or a Police Officer I in the Philippine National Police would be entitled to a monthly increase of P1,342 over their current base pay; while a Nurse I would receive a P1,451 monthly salary increase.
With the second tranche implementation of the SSL III, the minimum pay in the national government would be increased by P713 a month or P32.40 per day.
The budget chief explained that workers in local government and state-owned firms, although covered by SSL III, will have to get funding for their salary adjustments from their respective agencies. Since LGUs have only implemented the first tranche of SSL this year, the second tranche for LGU personnel may be made effective not earlier than January 1, 2011, as may be determined by the sanggunian concerned.
In accordance with Constitutional provisions, the incumbent President and Vice-President of the Philippines, members of Congress including senators whose full term will expire in 2013 shall not be entitled to the rates of the second tranche.
Incoming search terms:
- philippine teachers salary increase FOR 2013
- salary increase for teachers in the philippines 2013
- salary increase for teachers in 2013 in the philippines
- salary increase 2013 philippines
- 4th tranche salary increase
- philippine government salary increase 2013
- salary standardization table
- salary increase for 2013 philippines
- salary increase 2013 ph
- salary increase 2013 philippine government employee
- salary increase for teachers 2013 in philippines
- pnp salary standardization 2012
- salary increase for teachers philippines 2013
- salary increase for teacher 2013 in the philippines
- salary increase for teachers 2013 philippines
- teachers salary 2013 philippines
- philippine teachers salary increase 2013
- latest news about salary increase of teachers in the philippines for 2013
- salary increase for year 2013 in the philippines
- last tranche salary increase 2012 philippines
- salary increase for public teachers philippines 2013
- SALARY INCREASE FOR PHILIPPINE TEACHERS IN JUNE 2013
- salary increase for government employees 2013 philippines
- SALARY INCREASE FOR 2013 PH
- philippine teachers salary 2013
- salary increase 2013 for philippine government
- philippines salary increase in government by 2013
- salary increase for goverment teachers in 2013 in the philippines
- salary for government undersecretary philippines 2013
- President Aquino salary increase for government employees 2014
- Philippine ACAPERA increase for teachers 2013
- salary increase for government employee philippines 2013
- Philippine government employees salary increase 2013
- vacant pcos technician jobs in comelec philippines
- teachers salary increase june 2013 in the Philippines
- government employees salary increase for 2013 in the philippines
- teachers salary increase for 2013 philippines
- teachers salary increase 2013 in the philippines
- teachers salary increase 2013 philippines
- dagupan city breaking news today
- philippine dfa salary standardization
- teachers salary increase 2013 philippines?
- salary increase for 2013 for teachers in philippines
- teachers salary increase 2013 in Phils
- salary increase for goevernment workers 2013 in the Philippines
- teacher salary increase for 2013/philippines
- teacher salary increase 2013 -2014 philippines
- teacher salary increase 2013 - philippines
- SALARY INCREASE FOR GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE OF THE PHILIPPINES FOR 2013-2014
- teacher salary increase 2012in the phil