Salary Increase on Labor Day Philippines
An increase in the daily minimum wage rates for private sector workers in Central Mindanao is looming, officials said.
Chona Mantilla, Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Region 12 director, said the Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Board, which she also chairs, recently decided to hike the floor pay from P10 to P14 a day.
She noted the latest salary increase, or Wage Order No. RBXII-17, may take effect before May 1 or the Labor Day, a regular holiday to honor the workers.
Before it will be effective, it needs to be published in a local newspaper.
Under the new wage order, which will be implemented in two tranches, the daily minimum wage rates will range from P246 to P270.
The first tranche was expected to take effect before May 1 and the next on December 1, 2012.
In coming up with wage adjustment, the RTWPB decided to integrate the present P15 daily cost of living allowance (COLA) to the new basic wage.
The existing daily floor pay ranges from P234 to P260.
“The last wage order was issued more than one year ago and there being no petition, the RTWPB has resolved to review, motu propio (on its own), the existing minimum wage rates in the region,” Mantilla said.
Studies on the socio-economic condition in the region warranted the need to grant an increase in the minimum wage rates of private sector workers in Region 12 regardless of their position, designation or status of their employment, and irrespective of the method by which their wages are paid, Mantilla said.
Also called the Soccsksargen Region, it covers the provinces of South Cotabato, North Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat and Sarangani and the cities of General Santos, Koronadal, Tacurong, Kidapawan and Cotabato.
The Wage Board conducted public consultations early this year in parts of the region to determine if a salary adjustment is needed for the area.
Alfredo Hebrona Jr., Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry governor for Southwestern Mindanao, declined to give a comment on the looming wage hike, saying he was not privy to the deliberation.
Jessie dela Cruz, RTWPB secretary, said that exemptions maybe granted to certain types of establishments, such as those distressed and those whose assets are not more than P3 million.
Following the public consultations early this year, dela Cruz has said that the situation may not warrant an adjustment in the minimum wages of private sector workers, citing a report then by the National Economic and Development Authority that prices of basic consumer goods have remained stable.
Incoming search terms:
- pnp salary increase 2012
- PNP Salary increase June 2012
- pnp salary increase for 2012
- 2012 salary increase of government employees philippines
- last tranche of salary increase 2012
- last tranche salary increase 2012
- philippine 2012 wage increase
- salary increase for pnp 2012
- private salary increase 2012 philippines
- dole salary increase 2012
- 2012 pnp salary increase
- philippine army salary 2012
- salary increase for private employees 2012 philippines
- salary increase in philiipines 2012
- labor salary increase in the philippines for 2012
- labor day salary increase in philippines
- salary increases for 2012 (philippines)
- june 2012 pnp salary increase
- How much is the increase salary in the philippines 2012
- salary increase philippines private sector 2012
- latest philippines salary increase 2012
- salary increase 2012 philippines for private sector
- salary increase in philippines in 2012
- latest news about salary increase in the philippines to private
- wage increase 2012 in the philippines
- wage philippines salary increase june 2012
- 2012 latest on labor compensation in Philippines
- philippines salary increase for 2012
- 2012 salary labor rate in the philippines
- salary increase 2012 for private sector Philippines
- ACTUAL SALARY INCREASE 2012 PHILIPPINES
- schedule of salary standardization for 2012 philippines
- philippine labor INCREASE 2012
- salary increase 2012 philippines NOVEMEBR
- salary increase 2012 phillipines
- pnp increase salary 2012 breaking news
- pnp june 2012 salary increase
- private sector to government salaries in the philippines
- private sector increase salary 2012 in the philippines
- wage increase labor day 2012 philippines
- salary increase 2013 in private sector philippines
- pnoy sona 2012: ECONOMIC STATUS
- pinoy increase government salary 2012
- salaries philippines 2012
- pnp salary increase for june 2012
- salary increase 2012 philippines memimum
- salary increase 2012 for philippine national police
- salary increase 2012 for PNP
- privite salary increase 2012 phlippines
- salary increase 2012 of pnp in the philippines