SONA Reaction 2012 of Aquino
President Benigno S. Aquino III Monday said the filing of plunder charges against former President and now Pampanga (2nd District) Rep. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo is justice.
He added the conviction in May of Chief Justice Renato C. Corona by the Senate, sitting as the impeachment court, is justice.
President Aquino made the statement during his third State-of-the-Nation Address (SONA) before the joint session of the House of Representatives and the Senate at the Batasang Pambansa complex in Quezon City.
This was in time for the opening of the third regular session of the 15th Congress.
Mrs. Arroyo was charged last week with plunder before the Sandiganbayan in connection with the illegal disbursement of P365 million in intelligence funds of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office.
Corona was impeached and removed from office as the Philippines’ 23rd Chief Justice for culpable violation of the Constitution and betrayal of public trust on May 29.
Likewise, the President said the Filipino nation is expecting more from the next Chief Justice, adding the nation is counting on the next Chief Justice.
President Aquino also lauded Ombudsman Conchita Carpio- Morales for accepting the position of Ombudsman after her retirement as Supreme Court Associate Justice on June 19, 2011 and for fighting graft and corruption, especially during the height of the impeachment trial against Corona.
Incoming search terms:
- reaction to benigno aquinos sona 3
- copy of PNOYs SONA 2012
- REACTIONS TO THE SONA BENIGNO AQUINO III 2012
- reaction on sona 2012 philippines
- 3rd sona 2012 reaction
- sona 2012 reaction summary
- sona 2012 philipines probado at atrasado
- reactions to 2012 sona of aquino
- reactions on 2012 SONA Pres Aquino
- reaction paper about 3rd SONA of pnoy
- reaction on PNOYS July 2012 sona
- reaction for sona of president benigno aquino 2012
- filipino reaction on sona 2012 philippines
- Corona Impeachment/latest results
- 3rd SONA of benigno aquino crowds reaction
- sona reaction2012