Watch List in Philippine Immigration and Manila Airport

The names of some 6,000 individuals with expired and obsolete derogatory records have been removed from the hold departure order (HDO) and watchlist of the Bureau of Immigration.

BI Commissioner Ricardo David said the move is part of the ongoing efforts of the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the BI to sanitize the bureau’s records.

David disclosed that, as of June 12, 2011, the bureau had already lifted 810 HDOs and 5,005 watchlist orders from its database which were previously issued by the BI because of criminal and administrative complaints filed before the bureau or the DOJ.

“We hope that as a result of this cleansing process, fewer people will be inconvenienced at the airports and prevented from leaving because their names happen to be in our derogatory list,” David said.

He said the bureau started reviewing its records and initially found out that there are thousands more of expired hold departure and watchlist orders (WLOs) which should be erased from the bureau’s database in the coming weeks.

The BI chief, however, stressed that HDOs and WLOs which are subject of pending court litigation will not be lifted.

Incoming search terms:

Tagged as:

What is your reaction?

What is your comment?